A little game courtesy of the students from NUTS (the NSW University Theatrical Society). Can you tell which of Shakespeare’s plays is being represented by the cunningly performed tableaux?
- Let’s start with an easy one:
2. Another warm-up to get you into the swing of the game:
3. Here’s one we don’t see performed as often:
4. Getting a little tricker now:
5. A better known pastoral comedy. Not seen so often these days, but it used to be wildly popular:
6. Giving the History plays a look in:
7. What about this old favourite?
8. And another crowd-pleaser, but with a sad lack of blood in our props supply:
How did you do? Answers below…
- Hamlet 2. A Midsummer Night’s Dream 3. All’s Well That Ends Well 4. Love’s Labours Lost 5. As You Like It 6. Henry IV 7. Romeo and Juliet 8. Macbeth (although that’s a wakizashi he’s holding, so technically it’s Throne of Blood – getting one in for the film buffs!)